Followers

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Was Astro Boy On Laxatives??????????????


                                               "What can I do, to be like you?
                                                    As you go, Go, GO, Astro Boy!!!!!!!"
                                                --"Astro Boy" Theme Song

                                     Back in my Sixties childhood, I remember this wonderful cartoon commercial for Chocolate Flavored Ex-Lax, where the person, after taking them, was so energetic, he would jump and down on his bed!  As a small child, to wake my father up, I would jump like that on his side of the bed; after all, he took Ex-Lax, so I thought the results would be the same.  They weren't.

                                      Because of the ad's emphasis on the chocolate flavor, which I was fond of, I thought Ex-Lax would be a taste treat.  Boy, was I wrong!  And did my mother have a fit, when she found out!  But, they never did anything for me.  Probably because I only took one, one time, which was not enough.

                                       Such memories brought me back to Astro Boy, the Japanese cartoon series from the Sixties.  I love how, when it was time to fly, his feet would vanish, and his legs would automatically turn into jet engines that seemed to fly at super sonic speed.  Now, I know he had no eating disorder, like Karen Carpenter--and, besides, this was before such things were known--but, in retrospect, I have to wonder if Astro Boy was on any laxatives, the way he flew?  And which ones????????

                                       If he was, it was one of the best kept secrets of the show.  Besides, on TV, back then, absolutely no one--cartoon character or live person!!!!!--went to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        He didn't endorse Cheerios, so I have to wonder what gave Astro Boy his get up and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Perhaps mega doses of Spoon Sized Shredded Wheat??????????

                                          And here is the "Astro Boy Theme."  Go, GO GOOOOOOOOOO, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: