Followers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Darlilngs, These Firefighters Will Never Make An Annual Calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Girls, I am telling you, I do not know what it is with heterosexuals. The engagement party Monsieur and I went to in Hopatcong, NJ, was charming as all get out in that heterosexual, New Jersey way. It was quite a shock to see a friendly group of firefighters, who could easily be mistaken for a Metro Bears or Girth and Mirth convention. These were full figured guys, darling!!!!!!!!!!!! But that was not the difficult part.

They had a DJ playing music, and would you believe this??? I knew damn well I was at a straight party, NOT because of how people acted--they were lovely to us, in fact, not because how they dressed or appeared, but because NOT ONCE from the playing area did I hear "It's Raining Men!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now, you know this is de rigeur at gay parties, but, I mean, straight folk know this song too, which is great to dance to. Interestingly enough, no adults danced, only some of the smaller children, the girls, I am telling you, executing some very Donna McKechnie moves.

Oh, honey!!!!!!! Then we were driven back to the city by Arnelle, who had an intriguing personality, but, darling, you just could not shut him up!!!!!!!! In fact, after Bethany at the Center Library the other night, I want to lock these two in a decompression chamber, as neither would be able to get a word in edgewise. Arnelle has his issues, which I respect, but why did I get the impression there was something underbelly--ie; not quite on the up and up, about him????? He could not be accused of inarticulation. I could have done a bit less with his being articulate.

And then the Sunday we put in would scandalize Miss Porter's!!!!!!! But I will save that for another time,darlings.

Thank God tonight is just the Jane St Tavern and Cuddlesville!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuddle this, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: