Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Girls, When Will It Arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Easter is only five days away, darlings, and my fingernails are being nibbled down to their quicks. That is because Monsieur and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival in the mail of an ordered package, containing what I have chosen for this year's Easter film.

"What?" I hear some of you out there saying. "No 'Song Of Bernadette'?"

Let me say that film has already been viewed back in January. It was the special Miracle film that enabled me to get through my second colonoscopy, and while it did the trick, I knew that Easter would have to be something different.

There IS always "Easter Parade," with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. I had also considered two Leslie Caron films--the classic "Gigi," which is always enchanting, and the earlier "Lili," which, believe it or not, I have NEVER seen. At least, not all the way through.

Monsieur was not too taken with these. But then I got a wickedly brilliant idea, one which is a challenge for him, I can tell you.

"Night Of The Lepus!"

This is a 1972 film, set in the American southwest, in which a community is menaced by--I swear I am not making this up!!!!!--giant, killer bunny rabbits!!!!!
They are SO cute, but up against clear glass and miniatures, they look meancing, and when folks scream and a paw comes flying, look out!!!!!! I know this from clips, never having seen the whole thing.

What a cast! Janet Leigh, in what was almost her last film, Stuart Whitman, Rory Calhoun, Paul Fix and "Star Trek's" DeForest Kelly. As we nibble on our chocolate confections on Easter, this will make for very different, yet perfect viewing.

But it has yet to arrive in the mail. So it may be "Easter Parade" yet!!!!! I think Glenn Close had it wrong in "Fatal Attraction." Instead of boiling the bunny, she not only should have boiled Michael Douglas, but the U.S. Postal System on inefficiency.

Which has yet to be determined. We shall see. As far as I am concerned it is "Night Of The Lepus" or nothing!!!!!!!!!!

And the Communion Hymn this year had better be "If I Can't Have You!"

No comments: