Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Darlings, Why Don't I Get Asked???????????????????



Now, girls, no matter what the age, no one likes being excluded from anything. To this day, I am still fuming over being excluded from the Popular Roberta group in Junior and Senior High, and even more, omitted form eighth grade Algebra and membership in HS in the National Honor Society. Not to mention being turned down by Rutgers University, the only place of Higher Education to do so!!!!!!!!!

But these are trivial compared to what I am facing now!!!!!!!!!!!

While this is the least of my gripes, as I am not a British subject, or an Anglophile, I have to admit I am miffed over not yet receiving an invitation to the Royal Wedding!!!!!!! I am sure my girls would love a first hand account of the event, and Prince William and Katie are so cute to begin with, that a Raving Queen accounting thereof would simply MAKE the Social Season, darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, not being of British extraction, I cannot carp too much.

Not like I can with the forthcoming presentation of Stephen Sondheim's "Company" by the New York Philharmonic. It is bad enough not having a ticket to go, but no, what I am mad about, is that moi, with musical theater blood coursing through my veins, was not asked to perform in this. I have been able to sing the entire score to this since I was in college, I have seen two productions of it, plus the Original Cast Album documentary, so I think my knowledge of "Company" has a great deal of validation. But was I asked???????? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Added to which, with all the time I hang out in the West Village these days, no one has EVER invited me to the Waverly Inn??????? I mean, girls, what the Hell is wrong with Graydon Carter?????? Does he know he is playing with fire in not inviting the Raving Queen to dine at his august establishment??????? Not only should I be invited, but directly across the way from Fran Leibowitz' mural and table, I should have both of my own, for my coterie of followers who come to dine with me!!!!!!!!!! It is only fair, girls!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, Graydon, do you want the place to have a good rep???????? Then you better get me in there, or there could be BIG trouble!!!!!!!! Just ask the Strand Bookstore. Or Julie Taymor. Or the Paris Commune. And when I am there, babycakes, you better give me what I ask for!!!!!!!!

By the way, girls, I have looked over the menu, and you know what?????? It is not that august!!!!!!!!! The Waverly Inn Restaurant has been around for years, when it was a charming, cozy, reasonably priced place to eat. I mean, darling, I can't tell you how many times I dined there. Then it shut down, a product of the economic downswing, or so I thought, as the space stood unoccupied for years--like the still unoccupied Hudson Corner Cafe. Then, all of a sudden it opens, and suddenly, with Graydon, it is a chi chi place. But you know what????? The menu isn't any different!!!!!!!! They are still serving Chicken Pot Pie!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing against Chicken Pot Pie, but for a restaurant advertising itself as haute to serve such is, well............Distinctly Middle Class!!!!!!!!!!! And no one has invited me yet!!!!!!!!!!! Grady, baby, you had better watch out!!!!!!!!!! One bad word from me, one phone call to ANNA, and you are through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, darlings, I expect I will be dining at the Waverly Inn within the next couple of weeks. Look for a full report here!!!!!!!!! In the meantime, go shopping for those Easter bonnets, girls, time is sneaking up on us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the Bunny Hop, lambs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: