Followers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Darlings, "Bill Cunningham New York" Is Very Close To Mine!!!!



Except, girls, I don't go dashing back and forth from gala to gala. And I don't hang out with Anna, who makes some appearances in the film. But I have been meaning to have lunch with her; will have to do something about that!!!!

Mr. Cunningham photographs unusual street fashions for the New York Times. Aside from Anna, the standout appearance was this guy, Patrick MacDonald, who is like a cross between Michael Jackson and Truman Capote. Only not as smart as Capote. I guess my fashions are not unusual enough to be shot by him, but then I travel incognito, because there are times--like when I go to the theater or a restaurant--when I don't want people to know the Raving Queen is on the prowl. I don't want to upset anyone.

The documentary is fascinating about a New Yorker who lives his life the way he damn pleases, like so many of us!!!! Yet it reveals how conflicted he is with his profession, homosexuality and Catholicism. At 80, he IS from that generation, after all. He does not have the advantage of mine, who barely remembers pre-Stonewall, and knows the best Catholic remedy is a good, strong dose of Jennifer Jones!!!!!!!

This film was worth waiting for to see. And Anna--we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perfect for all my girls. And wait till you see some of the outfits.

You can bet I am going to go through mine, if I want to be photographed. I suggest you do the same, darlings!!!!!!

Christian Dior me, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: