Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Darlings, It Must Have Been Our Day For Wackos!!!!!!!



Well, after the show we did not want to lose the romantic glow, so we walked down Fifth Avenue, and ended up at the newly renovated Plaza, where we took in a bite at the chocolate bar in the downstairs courtyard. Girls, not only did it look like a ghost town down there, but everyone strolling about, male or female, looked like a hooker on the make. I guess this has become the new cruising spot!!!!!

How the mighty have fallen!!!! When I think of my elegant days in the Palm Court, sipping tea, to what I saw yesterday; it was enough to make me cry!!!! But we had fun, anyway, especially on our downtown bus ride, where our leisurely discussion of the miscasting of Tammy Blanchard was interrupted by this sunglasses clad woman who looked like she was trying to ape Jennifer Love Hewitt's performance on 'SVU' who turned to us and screamed, "You cut up her body! What are you looking at, you two retards???"

I bit my tongue, because what I wanted to scream out was, "Where are the men with nets when needed???" My guess is she had been thrown out of the cruising area of the Plaza.

Only in New York, kiddies, as Liz Smith always said. Where the sane and insane coexist jointly, with no one barely able to tell the difference, is what I say!!!!!!

Fortunately, the day ended happily with a meal at our favorite neighborhood Italian eatery, Mappamundo. And then, sweet dreams!!!!!

Travel the world and the Seven Seas, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: