Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day To All You Mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And, darlings, that includes REAL mothers and all you mothers---! out there. Some have even called me mother at times, though I am sure you can guess which.

This is a big time day for restaurants. Despite gender roles expanding, changing , or transforming, women are still consigned to the kitchen. Look at "Julie and Julia;" did Chris Messina's character ever do anything in the kitchen, except kill the lobsters?????? Of course not!!!!!!

Honey, let me tell you something, if you are single, gay, or even both, you got no choice--you either get in that kitchen, or forget it!!!!! Eating out every day--unless a romantic rendezvous, darlings!!!!--gets old real fast. My girls should at least know how to boil water. I mean, then, you can at least make oatmeal!!!!! And you all know the high importance I place on coffee and my coffee making skill!!!!!

So if there are any mothers out there, I am telling you today--GO ON STRIKE!!!!!!!!

Stage a kitchen walkout or sit-in. Curl up in front of the TV and watch one of these Mothers Day Classics:

"I Remember Mama"--the best, and most serious of the lot.
"Mildred Pierce"--Need I say more?
"The Bad Seed"--brings new meaning to the mother-child relationship!!!!
"Sybil"--with Sally Field. Where Martine Bartlett as Hattie shows how to mother NOT.
"Now, Voyager"--Bette Davis conquers matriarch domination from Gladys Cooper (who else???) and goes from wallflower to stunning socialite.
"Hairspray"--upbeat, and Divine is some mother. Love when he says "My diet pill is beginning to wear off."

And there are others I may be forgetting. But whatever you do, a happy Mother's Day to all!!!!!!!!!

From the Mother of this blog, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: