Followers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Would You Believe I Am Not Through Chronicling This Weekend?????????



Sweeties, this was one weekend that just would not quit. Weekends for most are respites from the work week; I need a respite just from some of my weekends!!!!!!!!!

After making it home from our theatrical excursion to Newark, we had to arise fairly early for a Sunday, to make a 10:57 AM train to Tarrytown, New York, a place I had not set foot in in about 22 years. We were to meet Monsieur's cousin, Phyllis, and go to an art show. Phyllis was charming and gracious, if bohemian; think Little Edie on tranquilizers, and was accompanied by her friend, Sheldon, who was out of a Bud Schulberg play. Sheldon had a great gift of gab, especially concerning himself, but his sense of decor and scent of his car left much to be desired. I kept thinking we were riding in an automated nursing home!!!!!!!

The "art show" turned out to be an indoor/outdoor craft fair, with tents, and lots of beautiful items on sale. My favorite was this surreal sculpting of the teaparty scene from "Alice In Wonderland," but once I saw the price was $2,800, let me tell you, that took care of THAT. The weather was nigh perfect; if only my allergies had not been acting up. Unfortunately, at this time of year, they do, and were, so we high tailed it back to the city pretty early. Just in time to get some R and R and have a lovely, home cooked meal. And not only the tail end of an 'SVU' marathon, but a new 'Criminal Intent' season with a convoluted story modeled after Charlie Sheen, and Vincent D'Onofrio as plump as ever.

No wonder I am worn out by Monday. But next weekend, lambs, is the Anniversary Weekend, meaning peace and quiet, and buying a gift. I wonder what Van Cleef and Arpels are showing this week???

Or, more, aptly, what kind of memberships the Film Forum currently offer!

Stay tuned, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: