Followers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Oh, My God!!!! I Don't Have A Thing To Wear!!!!!!!!!!!



Today is Friday, girls, which means the end of another work week and a weekend where I actually get 2 full days. Tomorrow is a crucial day, because, on this fated day, Monsieur and I are venturing out to my hometown of Highland Park, New Jersey, for a trip down Memory Lane, showing him the places I have hitherto described only in stories, and most importantly, being reunited with several key figures from my childhood--Margaret, her sister, Mary Anne, and their brother, Paul. Oh, that Paul; he was a wild one, as I recall! I think the last time I saw him, his voice hadn't changed. Hell, neither had mine.

Anyway, I have to GOT to have the perfect ensemble for this occasion, and I have gone through my wardrobe several times. What is a girl to do????? No time for a shopping excursion; I have to buy a bus ticket. And my hair--should I go natural, or should I woof it back, for my Jake Gyllenhaal look?????

I suppose the best thing is to go as yourself. Who am I, to try and fool anyone? And I still have a reputation of sorts to maintain in that community that no matter how many years of New York living has hardened me, is always a part of my bloodsteam--like Tara with Scarlett. I only wish my sister and I had had enough back in the day to buy the house on 10th Avenue, to have as a sort of Tara. I just loved the way it was furnished and laid out.

Heaven help us tomorrow!!!!!!!!! What discoveries shall we find???? Stay tuned, girls, because Monsieur is bringing a camera, so you may be able to see what ensemble I finally decide on!!!!!!!

Maybe one of those white floral things from "Meet Me In St. Louis!"

No comments: