Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30, At Last, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Usually, girls, the monthly farewell is reserved as the last  blog post, but today I am starting out with it, because of its tremendous importance.  Yes, we have come to the end of another month, but my father has, on this day, marked the passage of another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Today, my father, still alive and kicking, reaches the ripe old age of......98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  That's right!  Can you believe it, darlings?????????????  How many of us are going to reach that numerical point??????????  Not too many, I can tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    The BIG celebration was held this past Saturday, complete with Blood Relations,  (some of which might have come from Investigation Discovery!!!!!!!!!!) at the beautiful and elegant William Penn Inn, on 1017 De Kalb Pike in Gwynedd, PA!  The decor was just fabulous, dolls, and so was the food!
My father chowed down on everything in sight!  With his own teeth, yet!  How many of US, even NOW, can still say THAT?????????????

                                     How does he do it?  Clean living, I used to think, but now  I am not so sure?  True, his short term memory is shot, and he gets anxiety, but he still goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      So, here is to another April 30, with my father on Earth!  And you know what comes after 98????  99?????????  And then........................

                                       Darlings, if we are all here (including she!!!!!!) I am going to fly in LIZA for that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

HarlowFan said...

That's so great. Happy birthday to your dad! My mom will be 86 this year and still going strong, but 98 is really something!