Followers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

"I Was Never Going To Be....Maria Tallchief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                            That makes two of us, Baayork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             I was not even a "peanut on pointe," and in 1975, when I saw Baayork do this in "A Chorus Line, I did not even know who Maria Tallchief was!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              But, over the years, I found out!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               And now, Miss Tallchief, who had been married to George Balanchine,  and one of whose signature roles had been in Stravinsky's "The Firebird," has danced her Last Dance, taken her Final Curtain Call, as of  this past Thursday evening, at the age of 88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

                                                 She will always, as I have demonstrated, be referenced in "A Chorus Line." That will never change.  Yet, as the generations move on, how many will know that name, when it is heard?  I was never fortunate enough to see her dance, myself, although I am sure there is footage out there I can look at, and that I hope will be featured on newscasts broadcasting her passing.

                                                  I am telling you, girls, first Jonathan Winters, now Maria Tallchief!!!!!!!!
They are dropping like flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    Dance, ballerina, dance, Maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: