Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Sixth Anniversary, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Six years ago today, this blog was launched!!!!!!!!!!!  That's right, everyone, The Raving Queen turns 6 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who would have thought we would all end up where we did????????

                             When I began this, my intention was to make this some sort of repository for the fiction and think pieces I had written over time!!!!!!!!!  But, as I thought about "Sex And The City," the concept of a "Gay male Carrie Bradshaw" began to take hold.  And once Amy Adams, in "Julie and Julia," said "I could have a blog!," I was off and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               There is no rhyme or reason to how I write this; it is what comes first to mind, whatever I happen to feel most passionate about when I sit down to write, or what stand out event in my life has recently taken place.  And all of this is written as I go; I wanted to give myself the challenge of writing on spec, should I ever be in a position--and, who knows, I may--of having to write on deadline.  And it has been satisfying to discover I can actually do this.

                                 So, the blog has evolved over the years, and continues to.  As has my life; when this began, I was still in Woodside, Queens, single, and pretty much expecting to be, though I always held out hope.  And that hope was filled--I am with my beloved Monsieur, and back in an area I loved from the moment I first stepped into it, which will be thirty (that's right, girls!!!!!!!!!) years ago, come December 1--Bay Ridge, Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I wish you all, my readers, my GIRLS, a Happy Anniversary as well.  I started this blog alone, but I could not have continued it without you!

                                  Here is to another six years, or, at least, one more!!!!!!!!!!  What will it hold????????
Stay tuned, to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Happy, Happy, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: