Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Guess This Game Will Not Be On The Market Anymore, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Only I--only I, darlings!!!!!!!!--would think of the Milton Bradley game, "Time Bomb," the morning after the Boston Marathon explosions!!!!!!!!!!   What does this say about me??????  Am I sick?????????  Should I check myself into Bellevue????????  And how many people would I ending up knowing, who are there, already????????????

                                              So many of the Milton Bradley games of my childhood are still out there, but I  realized, this morning, "Time Bomb" is not one of them, and for good reason.  With all the terrorist talk of the past decade or more, something promoting what causes it is hardly suitable for children.  To think at one time it was.

                                                 The game was deceptively simple.  Inside the yellow box was a hard, black
plastic ball, with the "Time Bomb" logo on the front!  The detonator atop the mechanism was cranked, like a clock, and began to tick, more like a kitchen timer than a bomb!!!!!!!!!!!  A group of people would toss the
bomb among themselves, catching it in hand, and the one holding it when it went off, would be out of the game.  The one who is left, of course wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    The explosion sound was anti-climactic, more like a mousetrap slamming shut, than the end of "Dr. Stangelove."  It was a bit disappointing to those of us, like myself, who wanted REAL bomb sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But that is just ME, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      Another likely reason this game is off the market is because--even before the whole terrorist thing--this was a dangerous object.  The plastic ball was large, solid and hard; anyone hit in the head with this would face serious injury.  And I am sure there were swarms of kids who would get nasty and throw their "Time Bombs" at each other.  How many concussions did this toy produce?????????

                                                        You know I never threw my "Time Bomb" at anyone, dears!!!!!!  Not that I did not think about it!!!!!!!!!!   But even I could recognize the heft of this thing; I would not want it hitting me, so I was not about to hit anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         What a carefree, innocent time, girls!!!!!!  When we had toys replicating bombs and crime fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                            No wonder I simply ADORED the Debbie Reynolds Dress Designer Kit, from Colorforms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: