Followers

Friday, September 28, 2018

I Know Who This Actress Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  There is this TV commercial, currently being aired, that starts with two small kids selling lemonade.  A woman comes along to buy a cup, and the mother buts in, pouring the entire pitcher into a cup big enough to hold the entire contents. The customer has got her lemonade, but, boy, she is a little puzzled as to how she is going to drink so much.  Even I, whose diabetes makes me thirsty, would have found this a challenge.

                                   The woman walks away, and the commercial switches to Mom and kids going into the house, to watch a Sunday football game.  Which I could care less about.

                                      My interest is in the first half.  From the time this ad was aired, I kept looking at this actress in recognition, as having known her--not personally--from somewhere else.  Last night, I finally figured it out.

                                       This is Gloria Garayua, who played Vita Chacon, back in 2007, on that most heartbreaking of "Cold Case" episodes, "A Dollar, A Dream."

                                         Gloria has enormous credentials, but the impact she and everyone in that episode made on me was indelible.  To know more about it, look for it on this blog.  I have written about the episode extensively.

                                            Nice to see you again, Gloria!  Looking good!   Loved you as Vita, but would love to see more of your work!

                                              Go, Gloria, go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: