Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

My Reputation Is On The Line With This One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            There is absolutely no question the love David and I have is blessed, and I thank God for it, every day.  But love gets tested in the most unusual ways.  Recently, David has expressed an interest in seeing the musical "King Kong" on Broadway.  My reputation could be ruined!

                              Out of love, I will go.  But I will have to travel incognito, because if I am recognized, my tenuous membership in the Theater Community will be seriously questioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               I know this show will set my teeth on edge!  How in the world are they going to do it?  "King Kong" set to music?  It sounds trashy already.  But Ann Darrow, being played by a Black actress named Christiani  Pitts (any relation to ZaSu?????????)??????????  What is that all about?  Is this some kind of reverse racism show?  Will the natives of Skull Island be White?  And how will the island be depicted?  The dinosaurs?  The spider?  Kong's lair?  Kong's demise????????

                               Most important, will Noble Johnson's role, as the Native Chief, be retained.  And who will play it?  And how?  Equally important, will he get to say the iconic line "Ana saba Kong!," from the film?????????  Which, of course, means, "She is the bride of Kong."

                                 Stick with the RKO 1933 classic.  It is an artistic masterpiece.

                                  If this should happen to be a hit, does that pave the way for more giant movie monsters being musicalized????????????????????????

                                  Meaning the post I did, years back on Julie Taymor staging a musical "Mothra" for Broadway, may not have been far off the mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Heaven help me (and forgive me!) if I am dragged to this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Smitty27 said...

Someone should sneak into your dump and smash the exclamation point key. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to communicate.

The Raving Queen said...


Gary McMichael,
You are not the first, nor will
be the last, to go after my
exclamation marks. They are my
gimmick, and I often use them less;
you just happened onto a post that
used more.

And speaking of that post, are you
connected to this abysmal show? Because
there are plenty of other posts you could
have voiced your exclamation dissent on.

As for a dump, darling, you cannot begin to
imagine the fabulousness of my apartment--
a palace. While you in yo' Mama's basement.

Go drink the toilet water. You've done
it before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!