Followers

Monday, September 3, 2018

"On A Picnic Morning, Without A Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                                  "On a picnic morning, without a warning,
                                                    I looked at you, and somehow I knew.
                                                    On a day for singing, my heart is winging,
                                                    A picnic spot was our rendezvous!"
                                                    --The McGuire Sisters
                                                   


                                        Darlings, this is the day to celebrate Fifties glamour, when we all want to wear that pink dress and look we Kim Novak as Madge, while most of us sink into the mire of adolescent angst, relating to Susan Strasberg, as Millie!!!!!!!!!!!  Though I would not be one to turn my nose up at the gorgeous dress Susan gets to wear in the "Picnic" scene.

                                          Have your own version of "Picnic," today, loves, and look like Kim Novak or whomever you think makes you look best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           And let's listen to The McGuire Sisters!  The day would not be complete, without them!

                                           Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I loved Susan Strasburg's autobiography, "Bittersweet".
She was only sixty years old when she died.
Who can forget her as Anne Frank.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I wish I had been old enough to
have seen Susan as Anne Frank. I know
people who did, and said she was
luminous. The closest I came was
Natalie Portman, who was not bad. Too
bad Susan did not do the 1959 movie!

"Bittersweet" is one of the best written
memoirs, up there with "Haywire" by Brooke
Hayward. So sad about Susan; she died in
poverty of cancer, at a friend's apartment.
She had no health coverage.

Victoria said...

I was not old enough either, but I grew up hearing about it.
She made quite an impression.

The Raving Queen said...


Same here. How I wish
it had been preserved!