Followers

Monday, September 10, 2018

Let's Take A Break From "Sharp Objects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                               After all that murder and mayhem, darlings, let us talk about something a bit more pleasant.  After the debacle that was "Ginny's 5 and 9," we--David, our neighbor, Jennifer, and myself--were delighted to discover, thanks to David, Lombardo's pizza place at 271 71st Street, on the side of Third Avenue.

                               Darlings, the staff is friendly, the food plentiful and freshly made; they even have a Children's Night, which I believe in on Tuesday evenings, and they have all kinds of board games!  I was anxious to play Candy Land, myself!

                                 They have pizza, they have bruschetta, they make calzones, so huge and stuffed with fresh ricotta cheese.  Served over tomato sauce, it is a tasty meal, and we eventually opted for that, rather than pizza.  But we will return for that, for sure.

                                   Our calzone was the biggest I have ever seen, and their bruschetta is delicious.  So is the coffee, and oh, my God, the chocolate mousse cake was melt in my mouth treat.

                                     I mean, even Blythe Danner might gain weight here!

                                     But it is the latest Bay Ridge find!

                                     Girls, I am telling you, you simply have GOT to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I play candy land with my grandsons all the time. Chutes and ladders too.
Connect Four with the oldest one.
I let them win lol

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

Candy Land was my favorite
because of the array of colors.

I was never crazy over Chutes And
Ladders, which I had, but would love
a set of the British version, Snakes And
Ladders!

Connect Four I recall. That was past
my childhood, but I recall playing it
with my sister's children, when they were
of age!