Followers

Friday, May 29, 2020

And Now, Darlings, Something To Lift You Out Of Your Seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Melba Moore won a TONY Award for her performance in the musical, "Purlie," when it was on Broadway, back in 1970.  Just as audiences, in 1981, at "Dreamgirls," would wait for Jennifer Holiday (who also won a TONY as Effie!) to get to "that song," ("And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going") so audiences in 1970 could not wait to hear Melba sing "I Got Love!" live!  It was on the radio all the time, back then!

                               I have always to do this number.  But me sing in Melba's key?  Hons, I was just  not born that way?  I can, however, get through the first verse!  And for a 65-year-old tenor, that is pretty good!

                                 Need an uplift????????????   Listen to Melba, here!

                                 When was the last time someone like this blew you away?????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

A showstopper!!!
And Cleavon Little!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Poor Cleavon, he was so talented.

And Melba--all that she went through!

I saw her in the 90's as Fantine in "Les Miz."
With her experience, she really nailed the part.
And she sang it beautifully. Reduced me to tears!