Followers

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Where Can I Get A REAL Milkshake, Girls????????????????????


                                                   I have a confession to make.  I am always jonesing for a milkshake, and the pandemic has really driven me wild!  So, on our Anniversary on May 8, since we could not go out to dinner, David brought home a vanilla milkshake from CARVEL.  We shared it, so I only had half.  But that was not the problem.

                                                    The best shakes I recall--from Diary Queen and the Mister Softee trucks--were not thick.  Oh, they were thicker than milk, but they were made for the consumer to drink them.  Ever since McDonald's came along, shake makers seem to think thicker is better.  Well it is not.  Trying to suck it out through a straw will exhaust one, and it is no fun eating a shake with a spoon.

                                                        I shouldn't even be talking about this, because I am a diabetic!
But that half shake was the first one I have had in 9 years!  Do I have to wait another 9 years?
Do I have to start sampling franchises, which will spike my sugar up?  What do I do?

                                                           I am sure Baskin Robbins isn't any better.  Their ice cream always tasted cheap, to me!

                                                             And when it comes to ice cream, I do not like cheap!

2 comments:

Videolaman said...

Carvel has been making their "thick shakes" this way since we were kids, maybe you just don't remember. White Castle's is even thicker: like wet cement (my mother likes to bring those home, freeze them solid, then eat them like frozen yogurt).

Over time, every other vendor seems to have copied the once-regional "thick shake" consistency, so now the regular sip-with-a-straw "milkshake" has gone the way of the egg cream: usually need to make them yourself. After the city emerges from lockdown, if any of your local diners survive to re-open I'm sure you could get one there as well (that Greek desert palace seems another likely prospect).

The Raving Queen said...


I also hear Shake Shack does one well.
We shall see.