Followers

Monday, May 11, 2020

Since We Are All Being Forced To Live, Like Jane Austen, Why Don't We Just BECOME Jane Austen?????????????


                                  I thought this would be the perfect piece, after "The Bostonians."

                                  Like in the days of Jane Austen, our living rooms have become our home.   So, why not add to the festivity, by wearing a Jane Austen gown?  Not one for a ball, but something simple and plain, which Jane might wear on an ordinary day, when she would be writing.

                                    I wish I had Mammy, like Scarlett, or some assistant, to go online, and find me a Jane Austen type dress pattern that I could wear.  Then my social isolation would be complete, because it would finally have the style, which was so prevalent in Jane's era.

                                     I don't expect it would make me write, like Jane--who could?--but it would add the elegance of gracious living to getting through these hard times!

                                      Any ideas, darlings????????????????

                                      Start designing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes, I’ll be on the settee in the drawing room of my country house!!
We shall enjoy witty repartee!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Perhaps we can all meet for tea?