Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

How Come These Two Never Played "Grey Gardens?"


                                    I have always loved Carol and Vicki as Eunice and Mama--I so want to play Mama--and I crack up over Eunice's hair and outfit, which reminds me of a late friend of my late mother's.  During this anxious time, when I have needed a pick me up, I tune in to some of these sketches on You Tube, and they never cease to crack me up.

                                     My three favorites are--"Teacher's Dilemma," with Maggie Smith
                                                                            "Home For The Holidays," with Alan Alda in a role I
                                                                                have actually lived!

                                                                              "The Attic--" where Eunice and sibling Ellen (Betty
                                                                                   White) really go at it!

                                     My favorite line is from Mama in "Teacher's Dilemma," when she says to Eunice, "To this very day, Anne Marie Bittner's mother will not speak to me!"  That takes me back to my home town of Highland Park, New Jersey,  where, believe me, there were plenty of Anne Marie Bittners, female and male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        The whole "Grey Gardens" thing popped into my mind, just this morning.  Wouldn't Vicki be great as Big Edie, and Carol as Little Edie?  They did so many great film spoofs on the show, I cannot believe they did not try this!   They could still do it now, even older.  As for the musical, it would be interesting to see how these two, who do have musical experience, handle it.

                                           Carol and Vicki as the Two Edies?  Why did no one think of it before?
























2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, I loved the Carol Burnett show!!
I was always sad when it was over.
Seems we just get started
And before you know it
Comes the time we have to say
So long...
I used to watch Mama’s Family on that meTv channel.
I don’t see it anymore.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I loved the show, too.
Eunice was my favorite, and
Vicki Lawrence plays the best
old lady!