Followers

Friday, March 25, 2022

Bringing You Some Spring Cheer, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        Some of you, upon listening, may recall this being used as a commercial theme for "British Airways," several years back.  Delibes knew what he was doing.  When I need comfort via music, this is one of the pieces I turn to.  The sound is simply beautiful, and, as I listen, I become one of the flowers.



                                          I mean, as a belated Flower Child, why not?

                                     Here is the piece, done by Dame Joan Sutherland, Marilyn Horne.  Listen, and take a deep, contented breath, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

YES!! I’m not even an opera fan and i adore this!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I love "La Boheme," but I would
love to see "Lakme," because of this.
It is simply gorgeous. What a gift to
be able to make those sounds.

Victoria said...

Ask David if he’s seen the Family Guy episode where Peter skydives to this song!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I asked, and he has seen it.
Now I want to, too!