Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Darlings, I Just LOVED "The Tragedy Of Macbeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                                        Girls, this is something you have just GOT to see!  The first thing it proves is that shooting a film in black and white is not gone forever.  Though I am sure some heavy condensations have been made, this 'Macbeth' was fast moving, yet extracted all the dramatic juices that I love so much from it.



                                            Denzel and Company spoke the verse so well, it made me want to go back to Shakespearean acting, which I did much of, in my youth.  Even the servants are well spoken, here, which is more than can be said for whom one hires today!  



                                              Four people walk off with this film.  Kathryn Hunter, playing all three of the Witches, or as called here, "the Weird Sisters," livens up the film with her make-up and vocal delivery.  Frances McDormand gives an understated, yet chilling portrayal, of one of literature's all-time bitches, which is why I love the character, and how the actress plays her.  Too bad her death takes place off screen.  It is never known how she was killed--stabbed or pushed?  And no blood?  Is that poetic license of some kind?



                                                    The cinematography and art direction also walk off with this film, giving it a grotesque, Gothic, and at times Bergmanesque quality, making this probably the best 'Macbeth' captured on film.



                                                        How I would love to see this on a big screen, sometime!  And how upsetting this was not nominated for more Oscars.  I had thought it was nominated for Best Picture, for which it should have won, but not so.  Nor Kathryn or Frances, either, who should have won!  How upsetting to see art denigrated!



                                                        "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes!"



                                                           Heh!  Heh!  Heh!



                                                           Girls, it is a hoot, but it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






2 comments:

Victoria said...

Well, now I must know!
Which plays were you in and
Which parts did you play!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I played Vincenzio in "The Taming Of The Shrew."
And the Archbishop of York in "Richard III."
Also a small role in "A Man for All Seasons>"

I ended up doing a lot of period drama.
When I did "The Pajama Game" with VLOG,
it was refreshing to at last do a musical!