Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Happy Shrove Tuesday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                       Today also happens to be Shrove Tuesday, marking the start of the Lenten Season, beginning with Ash Wednesday tomorrow.  On this day, we eat pancakes to prepare for the fasting ahead over the next 40 days--no meat tomorrow, and on all Fridays in Lent.    Children, and adults, are supposed to give up something they like, or make some kind of sacrifice (NOT human!) during Lent.



                           It all culminates on Easter, which for some means candy and Easter baskets, but for me means the annual screening of "The Song Of Bernadette."  It will be an extra special screening, as Easter falls this year on April 16, which happens to be the Feast Day Of Saint Bernadette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   So, this year's screening will be quite an event.  I am excited already.



                               So, eat those pancakes tonight, girls, and plan accordingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                Have a great Lent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                         
 

3 comments:

Victoria said...

It will indeed be an Extra Special Easter this year!!!

Victoria said...

I don’t mind bunnies at all, but I focus on Jesus’ resurrection.
Just like at Christmas I don’t mind Santa At All!! I Love all the fun!!
But my Focus is on the birth of Jesus.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I feel the same way. The holiness
of both seasons are what make it special
to me now. Not that it did not as a child,
but children have different priorities and
POV's.
Michael