Followers

Friday, March 4, 2022

Girls, Join Us For A Very Special Saturday Evening, As Svengoolie Presents The Seldom Seen "Dracula's Daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                         See Gloria Holden emerge from the shadows, to transfix unwary victims.



                                         While purportedly a sequel to the 1931 Bela Lugosi "Dracula," but more an exercise in gender identity and visual atmosphere, this may be--don't hold me to this, now, but I think so--the first vampire film to have any lesbian connotations.



                                               This story was supposedly deleted from the original manuscript by Bram Stoker of "Dracula," then years later was written as a short story titled "Dracula's Guest," which I would love to read.



                                                But, girls, Gloria in her glam black gowns, lesbianism, and Irving Pichel as Sandor, who is the closest thing to "fag" this film offers, is worth seeing in all its cinematographic glory.



                                                    And, for those who haven't, you really must read the original "Dracula" novel, by Bran Stoker.  Oh, my God, girls; when the local village mother bangs on the castle door, screaming "Monster, give me my child!" and the Count feeds the bagged infant to the Vampire Women to feast on, THAT is real horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                        The only thing I will be feasting on is the film.



                                                         So, join David, Baby Gojira, Pippin, Kerwyn, and Cucumbo, as we all watch "Dracula's Daughter."  I am the only one who has seen it, and that is when I was a child.



                                                             Be there, chicklets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I’ve read that Stoker was gay I think??
And that the idea for Dracula came from one of his nightmares

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am pretty sure Stoker was gay.
As for the "Dracula" idea, it is interesting
because that is how Mary Shelley got the idea
for "Frankenstein."