Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Darlings, This Movie Seems Like It Was Made For Me!!!!!!!!!!!!



Girls, I am telling you, I simply CANNOT wait for "Black Swan!" From the first moment I heard about it, what with Natalie Portman, and Darren Aronofsky (who directed the unforgettable "Requiem For A Dream," which SHOULD have netted Ellen Burstyn another Oscar) I thought there was incredible potential. But after reading J. Hoberman's review in the Village Voice, where he calls it "the biggest hoot since 'Showgirls'", I am ready and waiting for this to arrive.

"Showgirls," by the way, would have been an even BIGGER hoot without that gratuitous rape sequence, that stands out too much and mars the rest of the film. Hopefully, "Black Swan" will have none of that. Everything may be beautiful at the ballet, but not in the world shown in "Black Swan." I mean, with ballet, psychosis, murder, and Natalie Portman going stark, raving mad, for ME this should be the Film Of The Year!!!!!!!! Hell, it sounds like parts of my autobiography!!!!!!!!

So I want all my girls out there to go out and support this film, in between holiday shopping and "The Nutcracker." It could be the biggest "balletopic" since "The Red Shoes," and the first really substantial one since "The Turning Point"--and what a hoot that still is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO excited about "Black Swan," darlings!!!!!!!!! Make sure you see it before hitting the barre.......or after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flex, Pointe, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: