Followers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Girls, Nothing Beats Green, Leafy Veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!



What a day I had yesterday, darlings!!!!! Running all over the creation that is called Manhattan, trying to find a SLEEPY'S mattress store--about as elusive as a cop when you WANT to find one--to purchase a new bed and mattress, dashing out to Queens on a mission of mercy, over to MY place, which really IS a mission of mercy, let me tell you, and then back into Manhattan for this year's singular Christmas experience, "Lettuce Rejoice!" starring my favorite of all drag artists, Miss Hedda Lettuce!!!! Better than "Hedda Gabler," I can tell you, girls!!!! Especially that last one that Roundabout did, with Mary Louise Parker!!!!! And Monsieur Davide says I run HIM ragged????? You should have seen what he did to me yesterday!!!!!!!

But it was worth it. Hedda's show was in the lovely Metropolitan Room, a gorgeous performance space. Though their drinks and nibbles are a bit on the chintzy side. But then, as I have said, no one does Bloody Marys better than the Riviera Cafe!!! And they are not even a gay bar; so go figure!!!!!

Hedda was a vision of loveliness, what with her green tulle, nicely cut dress, red trim, and sure fire material, ranging from autobiography in Christmas parody, to a brilliant send up of "Felice Navidad" called "Phyllicia Rashad." I know exactly what she meant when she said she liked Phylicia even after finding out she is Debbie Allen's sister!!!! And Miss Allen has not been seen since her disastrous direction of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof!!!!"

Though I was emotionally exhausted, darlings, Hedda took that exhaustion right out of me, with some help from those Bloody Marys. Monsieur Davide loved it, and lots of the crowd look like they followed Hedda over from Chelsea Classics!!!!! I am telling you, it was a perfect Holiday spectacular, and Hedda in fishnets is equally as impressive as the Rockettes!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Hedda darling!!!!!!! We LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: