Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Girls It Is the End Of An Era!!!!!!!!!





Reluctantly, though, it was something I never took part in!!!! Since the early 60's, when I became aware, as I did, that New York was the place to where I knew I would ultimately escape, there was a much touted restaurant called Elaine's. During this period, into the Woody Allen dominated late 70's, Elaine's was where you had to go to be SEEN!!!! And you know how The Raving Queen likes to be seen, darlings, as witness my recent visit to Babbo!!!!!!

Somehow, after this period, in the face of new establishments, and the decline of others, Elaine's, though still existing, got lost in the shuffle. Time after time, I told myself I would go there, if only to have a drink. Now it is too late.

Not that the place will not remain open, at least for awhile. But without Elaine herself, Elaine Kaufman, that is, how could it ever be the same????

And this morning, we found out Elaine herself passed on, age 81, from complications from emphysema!!!! And so we bid a sad farewell to not only a true social doyenne, but a social era in New York, that, once this goes under, will signal such in a way few could. I am sorry I never got to Elaine's, both for myself, and for all MY girls!!!!! I profoundly apologize!!!!!!

So I suggest you take a walk past the place over the next few days. The food was never great, but for a time it was the hottest spot in town!!!!!

But if you go in, girls, make sure you cover those age spots!!!!!!!!!

No comments: