Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Some Things I Need To Add, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The extent to which the defense team is going to demonize Victim Tyler Clementi here bears another posting and more examination, since I wasn't quite caffeine fueled enough my first time out. So, here are some things I should have added.

All this fuss about him photographing the GWB on his cell phone. What does that actually prove? If you Google Image, you can find all kinds of shots of it already. It is one of the great architectural marvels of the area, and a shot of it at sunset is quite stunning. Perhaps Tyler, a Metro area kid, residing not far from the bridge, felt an emotional connection to it--its beauty, and its being a walkway from suburbia to the city. I have no doubt that, as a young teen, Tyler, for reasons ranging from exercise, to music lessons or social outings, walked over that bridge many times during the course of his young life. I DO think there is significance in why he chose there to end his life; he wanted to be in a place of meaning to him, that looked out on a beauty, as he said farewell to a world that, despite its beauty, conspired to turn on him.

The second thing I want to say is--IF Dahurn Ravi felt so inclined toward apology and politically correct rhetoric, then why did he not voice it sooner to Tyler, like after the first recording???? Don't forget; there was another viewing, accompanied by Ravi's posted words of self-incrimination--"It's happening again! Yay!"

I don't buy this suddenly emerging apology. Even if there is any truth to it, it is simply too little too late, in the face of what has gone before. Oh, and while both he and Miss Wei I am sure are being carefully advised by their lawyers on what to say and not, not once have I heard from either, "I am sorry what happened to Tyler." Or "I am sorry for your loss, Mr. and Mrs. Clementi." I find that very telling.

The prosecution needs to get on this. Tyler Clementi was loved--by his family, friends and community, and, ultimately by those of us who have taken him to our hearts in the wake of his passing. There is no doubt a bright future of professional and personal fulfillment awaited this young man. That iconic photo shows so much warmth and yearning, reaching out to embrace the world, and with Tyler's manner and his boyish looks, he would have found someone to share such embraces and more with, eventually. But then Ravi and Wei stepped in with their interference.

Which brings up another point--what is wrong with college students today????
Are they less intimidated than my generation was??? Is technology to blame???? During my freshman year, my classmates and I were too busy trying to adjust to school, each other, being away from home, independence, that we gave no thought to recording (which back then might have just been Polaroids) the sexual comings and goings of others. We were too busy trying to find our own way, ourselves.

Tyler certainly went about his business, and so, it seems, did most of the Rutgers student body. But there existed between these two, Ravi and Wei--who knew each other through high school--some kind of need to feel in control of their surroundings, which they chose to do by humiliating a vulnerable student. Ravi set the whole thing up, and Molly complied. What needs to be examined here is why they were not concentrating on studies and social adjustments, like most of their freshman peers. Why did they feel the need, apart from everyone, to behave in such a socially maladjusted way????

These are the ideas that need to be examined, because when they are, the entire defense strategy deservedly goes out the window. They really haven't a leg to stand on. So, keep on slinging that mud, boys, because not only will I keep slinging it back at you, I have every confidence the prosecution, biding its time, still has some things up its sleeves.

And, now, I rest my case, darlings!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing further!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: