Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Girls, This Is Still The Pip With Piz-azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Two years ago, darlings, BARBRA returned to New York, for an historical event I should have been at, but was not. I am not sure if Anna, or Meryl, was there, so you know damn well this event was even more exclusive than a Closed Meeting for Twelve Step addicts!!!!!!!!

The event was a 90 minute concert BARBRA did one Saturday night at the Village Vanguard, revisiting those Golden Days of the 60's, when she was just starting out, singing at the Bon Soir, which led to her being cast in "Funny Girl." After seeing this concert last night, with Monsieur, on PBS, I am thinking maybe I should do a similar gig, so Bartlett Sher will get smart, cast me, and toss that Lauren Ambrose out on her heel, while tying a tin can round that little broad's tail!!!!!!!

But the concert was FABULOUS!!!!! Lots of things I had never heard of (a song from "By Jupiter!"), things I hadn't in awhile ("Make Someone Happy," from "No Strings"), and some classics ("Evergreen," "The Way We Were.")

BARBRA looked great, despite years of ice cream eating and hot sex with James Brolin, who, seated front, still looks pretty good himself!!!!! More important, her voice is still in very good shape; if she has lost a bit of the lower register, the higher one and her belt more than make up for it!!!!! She could have done Fanny Brice onstage that night, which surprised me why she did no "Funny Girl" songs. I thought she would at least close with "People!"

Hello, Gorgeous!!!!! Darlings, this concert brought back to yours truly those halcyon days when I wanted to BE BARBRA, when we all did, and, thanks to the magic of this concert, felt that possibility still exists. Hey, Mr. Ziegfeld, here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they repeat it, darlings, you have to see it!!!!! Like getting closer to seeing BARBRA onstage. Which I haven't yet, but feel I am almost there!

Or maybe I won't see BARBRA till I am onstage with her!!!! In which case, I will get to say, "Barbra, get off MY stage!!!!!"

Love to you, on all your stages, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: