Followers

Friday, February 10, 2012

Girls, There Is SO Much To Do On My Day Off!!!!!



I should be so lucky as the leopard, pictured above. For most, a day off means chores, but some down time, rest and relaxation.

Not when one is the Raving Queen, darlings!!!!!!!!!!! I guess this is the price I have to pay!!!!!!

I need some serious down time, I can tell you, but today is not it. I have to go and get a birthday card and gift for my friend Joe, whose last minute surprise (hope you are NOT reading this, Joe!!!!) 50th birthday party Monsieur and I are going to, tomorrow night. After I put in a full work day, no less. And out in the wilds of Bellville, New Jersey, where neither one of us has ever been, and I pray we emerge from, alive!!!!! I also have to get out the Word to my girls, which I am doing right now. Then I have to get showered, dressed, and bundled up to go out, because I have to hole up at a library nearby, where I can work on this Sermon (you heard me, darlings!!!!) I happen to be working on for March 4, the Second Sunday in Lent. This is for my Dignity Chapter, loves; I have NOT joined the clergy!!!! I have to preach from a set of readings I have been given, so, I have to go through them, take some notes, and lay the groundwork for whatever it is I am going to say. Meaning there is no time today, which I need, to go apartment hunting, for Monsieur and myself!!!!! Forget it!!!!!
If I get the reading/note taking done on a timely enough basis, I MAY have some free reading time, which my fast paced life has had an impact on. At the present time, I am reading "A Gate At The Stairs," by Lorrie Moore, a New York Times Ten Best Winner several years back, and, darlings, it is SO lyrical!!! It prove to me Lorrie is a better novelist than short story writer, because I was hardly blown away by her signature collection, "Birds Of America," though everyone else was!!!! But, maybe that's ME--I do prefer a novel to a short story collection, overall!!!!

Added to which, when I am done with all this, I have to shop, come home, and make dinner, because I have been promising such all week. I am going to try a new pasta recipe a friend recommended, which does not sound too difficult, and will be a change from what I usually make.

Then the table gets cleared, things get washed, and put away. I will be lucky if I have some TV time tonight, though I may fall asleep again, just like I did Wednesday, with 'SVU'.

After that, the alarm will ring, and then I have to go to work!!!!!!!!!!

What ever happened to the day off? Has my life become so frenetic, that such things are impossible, anymore???? Have all of ours??????

Things are certainly taking a toll!!! If my body is not "pain wracked from stone floors" now, it will be, by day's end!!!! As to the effect all this is having, wait till you read the next post, which indicates I DO need a vacation!!!!!!!

Maybe I will be ORDERED to take some time off, girls!!!! Like Cragen does with Olivia, on 'SVU'!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be so lucky, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: