Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Girls, It Was "Like Buttah"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Darlings, when you say "Lafayette Street" to me, the first and only thing that comes to my mind is, of course, the Joseph Papp Public Theatre, where such classics as "HAIR," "A Chorus Line," and "Runaways," began, and which boasted such noteworthy vehicles as David Mamet's "Boston Marriage," wherein a chaste kiss between Kate Burton and Martha Plimpton was enough to make staid New Yorkers gasp!!!!!!!!!

But, as for what else resides on that thoroughfare, your guess is as good as mine. I know Blue Man Group is across the street, and I think an Equinox Gym, and some car repair places, which is all I can recall.

Who would think a reasonably decent restaurant would be located here????? Well, darlings, I am happy to report, it is, though you have to really look for it, or you will just pass it by. I did, my first time out!!!!!!!!!

The restaurant is called "Butter," and, in the immortal words of Linda Richmond, it IS "like buttah"!!!!!!!!!! It is cavernous, dark and romantic, and boasts a somewhat trendy crowd, but the cuisine is superb. I had a smooth butter squash soup that went down easy, followed by a luscious ravioli in mushroom sauce with cheese that was so creamy (I am sure butter was used!!!) yet satisfying enough not to leave me stuffed. For desert, I opted for a toffee pudding that was so good, yet not as rich as one would expect. Would I go back??? You better believe it, darlings!!!!!! Especially if I am catching a show nearby at the Public.

The particular occasion in question happened to be the birthday of Monsieur's friend, Ellen, of Bay Ridge, and the most fabulous party giver since Mame Dennis. Ellen looked fabulous, bedecked in an orange outfit, her smooth hair and cream complexion complimenting her wardrobe superbly. The uniform rating of the place by all was superb--Monsieur had a fish dish he said was great, and, honey, he is as fussy as I am. Well, not quite; after all, he is not the Raving Queen, but close!!!!!!

Still, we all had a marvelous time, the conversation flowed, and the coffee was SO good and SO electric in strength, I thought I was going to be wired all night!
If you need a high, darlings, when in this nabe, check out Butter!!!!!!!!!!

The experience will just melt in your mouth, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: