Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

But February Is Also The Month Of Love, Girls!!!!!!!!!



Darlings, once upon a time there was a magazine I loved, devoted to the elegant style of gracious living, called "Victoria." I believe it is now defunct, but I remember that my two favorite issues--being the most Romantic--were the February and December ones!!!!!! The December issue, of course, centered upon Christmas, while February, always encased in red, concentrated on Valentine's Day. Which there are hundreds of ways to celebrate.

During my embittered spinster period, I would always watch "Fatal Attraction." It seemed to me, then, comforting, knowing I was not in any kind of danger. These days, with Monsieur, who is a dream, I would opt for something like "Moonstruck," which can be served with an nice Italian meal and bottle of wine. Fine by me. Hell, there might be those out there who prefer "Some Like It Hot," being that it IS funny and it starts with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

But love, flowers and chocolate is what all us girls want for February, which also includes Groundhog's Day, Blythe Danner's birthday, the anniversary of the visions at Lourdes, my friend Joe's birthday, and lastly, a Leap Year, wherein my sister has another REAL birthday.

This, plus dinners and shows, and you have the recipe for a short and merry month!!!!!!! Hope your February is full of merriment and love, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!

Toujours l'amour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: