Followers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Uncle Ernest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"Stop calling! Stop calling!
I don't want to think anymore!
I left my heart on the dance floor!"
--Lady Gaga

Today, girls, happens to be the 81st (though he bills himself as "66 plus") birthday of my beloved Monsieur's Uncle Ernest!!!!!! Who is quite a character. You better believe his heart is on the dance floor, because he is the geriatric version of John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever," with his weekly excursions to dance clubs, where he cuts up a rug, and dance classes during the week, to perfect his moves.

Despite some eccentricities that make him a character, Uncle Ernest seems pretty hearty, is full functioning, and conducts some mean surveys on the website "Answerolgoy." Oh, my God, darlings, you just would not believe it.

As an outsider, with no prior family history here, I can view Uncle Ernest with respect and some detached amusement. Which escapes Monsieur a bit (same with myself and Cousin Judy!!!!), though I think I have helped ease some tensions there.

Who knows what he will do to celebrate????? But next Monday, our day off, we are going to take him to the Second Avenue Deli--his place of choice--for a celebration!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Uncle Ernest! You've made it through another one, and let us hope you make it through many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: