Followers

Monday, December 31, 2012

Just When I Thought The Prize Was Snagged......!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        This has been an interesting and unsettling year for the Bitch Of The Week Column, which celebrated its Second Birthday this year, on March 18.  When the Colorado shootings at the 'Batman' movie happened on July 20, and the entire country was introduced to Mr. James Holmes, not only was h e automatically Bitch Of That Week, I was firmly convinced I had found my Bitch Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!   What other horror could top this?, I thought.

                                          I should have listened to Dorothy Parker.  Her famous quote, "What fresh Hell is this?" was brought to mind on December 14, when I  learned of Adam Lanza and his shooting rampage at the  Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Suddenly, it was like--who is James Holmes????????  He automatically was relegated to second place!  Not, for the sake of the people of Aurora, Colorado and  those most directly effected by Holmes' evil, to minimize their tragedy, but going after one's mother, and then--THEN!!!!--gunning down twenty innocent first graders and six caring adults--kind of trumps Holmes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            I mean, he was bad enough, but Adam Lanza was worse!  When I first heard about this horror, I thought of an earlier tragedy in Dunblane, Scotland, which also involved the gunning down of innocent school children.  But the body count here was much higher!  Including the shooter, who, in killing his mother, and finally himself, killed pretty much any chances of getting some firmly conclusive insight into what triggered it all, though therapists and behaviorists will be pondering this for months to come!!!!!!!!

                                             So, sad to report, Adam Lanza wins the Raving Queen's 2012 Bitch Of The Year Award!!!!!!!!  And I just bet if that sick thing, Holmes, were reading this, he would be fuming with rage, the egocentric bastard, over the idea that someone actually upstaged him!!!!!!!  I never expected anyone would!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Sadly, someone did, with the people and families of Newtown suffering something they certainly did not deserve, nor see coming, for years to come.  My thoughts and prayers go out to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               And, Adam, you bitch, had you survived, let  me tell you something, sweetheart--mental illness or not, you would have FRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: