Followers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

This Book Is Gone, Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

         
                               Darlings, let me tell you, I had heard about "Gone Girl" for months, and it was always on the periphery of my Reading Radar!!!!!!!!!!  But after it started turning up on a lot of Ten Best Books Lists for this year, I decided it was time to give it a serious look. And I am glad I did!  The problem is how to describe the book without revealing too much that could ruin it for the reader!!!!!!!!

                               Gillian Flynn's beautifully written, almost calculatedly constructed novel, is both a thriller and a dissection of a 21st Century marriage.  Girls, all I can say is, wait till you meet Amy Elliott Dunne!  She is SOME piece of work!  Fascinating, brilliant, but someone you do NOT want to mess with!  And her poor husband, Nick, is married to her!  "Gone Girl" is a perfect title for this book, because Amy is GONE in so many ways, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  The reader keeps reading trying, like Nick, to fathom Amy's mind, to see what she will pull next!!!!!!!!!!!

                                This book demands you keep reading--for character progression, plot resolution, you can't put it down!!!!!!!!!  Is it satisfying??????????  I leave that up to the individual, but I will say that it is chilling and disturbing.  And good enough, in its own way, that, having never heard of Flynn before, I would like to read some of her other books!  What higher praise could there be!!!!!!!!!!

                                "Gone Girl" will most likely be my final book of 2012.  I have not started my next one, yet, and, with things to do, I am not sure I will finish it in just two days.  But what a way to end the year!  With a bang for your buck, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   You have GOT to read "Gone Girl," girls!!!!!!!!!!!  It will send all MY girls over the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: