Followers

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Biggest Event Of The Year, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    Unquestionably, girls, for yours truly, the biggest, most memorable event of 2012 was, and will forever be, the May22-23 move from Woodside, where I had resided for the past 15 years, back to a place I had lived in earlier, and always longed to return to--Bay Ridge.  With Monsieur, of course, leaving his place on Bethune Street in the Village, to make this now a two person household.

                                   The funny thing is, when I moved to Woodside in 1997,  (partly out of inexperience and naivete!!!)  there was a sadness, and a longing for Bay Ridge that was painful for years, and, though subsiding, never fully went away.  I always looked back on Bay Ridge during my years in Woodside.  So that, when I finally pulled out of Woodside, and came back here, there was NO looking back; I do not regret leaving Woodside, and haven't the remotest curiosity about going back to have another look.  As I told Monsieur, the only thing that would get me on the Number 7 Train to go back to Queens would be to dine at Manducatis , which is in Long Island City!  Which we have not, for ages, and which I plan to do in the forthcoming year!

                                   We have been in Bay Ridge now for just over seven months.  We have been through a housewarming, and a major hurricane!  With bizarre commuting experiences for me, as a result!  But when both of us return to the neighborhood, we feel we are in civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!  And have no regrets.

                                     May we continue to live here for a long time!  Longer than when I lived in Woodside!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     No other event topped it for us, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: