Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What A Difference A Day Makes, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Dinah Washington was absolutely right, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday, my friend Tom (aka the Cherub!!!!!) and I, joined by Monsieur, celebrated our joint (Tom's and mine) birthdays (he is November 4, I am the 18th!!!!!!!) at One If By Land, Two If By Sea, on Barrow Street, in the West Village.

                               We went there for Sunday brunch, which is much less expensive than having a regular dinner here, for budget conscious gals who still might want to partake of this romantic experience.  I have to say, maybe because it is Winter time, the absence of curtains does something for the windows.  I never thought that before.

                                  And what did we have???????  Monsieur and I began with a Bloody Mary, while Tom had beer.  I had an Autumn Salad, for an appetizer; we were all served muffins and scones.  Monsieur had a lobster roll, and Tom, I think, had the French toast. I had this Italian concoction, with poached eggs, tomato sauce, and it was luscious!!!!!!!!!!!  I had coffee--the others, I am not so sure--and I had a custard with orange red gelato desert, which was fabulous.

                                   Most important, from the time we walked in, till when we left, we were treated civilly, like human beings.  But, then, this place has been operating for over 40 years; they know what they are doing!  The crew up at Delemarchier clearly do not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    I have to hand it to One If By Land...girls!!!!!!!!!  It cleansed us of the horror we endured the day before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       Make sure you visit this one, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: