Followers

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Girls, You Have GOT To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    Even with a throbbing canker sore, and an outbreak of hives leaving my lips, for a time, looking as siliconed as Angelina Jolie, I risked all, and drove, with Monsieur and Ellen (in a gorgeous ensemble, of course!) to the Spumoni Gardens, where I discovered distraction so enchanting that, thanks to it and Benadryl, I am about back to normal!

                                        Depending on how one views things this wonderful establishment, located at 2725 86th Street in Brooklyn, is either in Bensonhurst or Gravesend.  Wherever, it is wonderful. from the elaborate outdoor setting that greets you, to the cozy friendliness inside.

                                          This place, family owned, has been around since 1939, and it still has that period feel. Nothing fancy, but some of the best Italian food I have eaten in Brooklyn!  Their lemon oil and vinegar salad dressing is like nothing I have had before.  Their bolognese dishes have more meat in them than I have ever seen and creamy sauce that is mouth watering.  Monsieur and I went that route, Ellen had pizza with some seafood salad, and Auntie Alvin had a dish made with broccoli rabe and pasta that looked yummy.  I could not even do desert. But I had an espresso.

                                             Girls, I might become a regular habitue there, if only I can figure out how to get there on my own.  But, I am telling you, if you are ever in Brooklyn this is the place you have to try.  Get there early, so you don't have to wait!  And if you do wait, it is well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Nerts to you, Demarchelier!!!!!!!!!

No comments: