Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

This I Absolutely Will Not Allow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       I could care less about "The Tommyknockers," girls, but can you imagine the nerve--the sheer NERVE--of NBC, trying to do a miniseries remake of "Rosemary's Baby??????"

                                        I wish Ira Levin were alive; I bet this would not be happening!

                                         No matter what you think of Roman Polanski's morals, (and I am not advocating them, darlings!!!!!!) it cannot be argued--he took Ira Levin's novel and made from it what is arguably the finest sound horror film of the Twentieth Century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Anything else would be less. So, why even bother???????  I can't wait, though, to see how they are going to cast this. Oh, and wait till you hear this, 'Rosemary' mavens--the action is being shifted from Manhattan to Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If that alone does not give cause for concern, then I do not know what does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            As the song in "Gypsy" says, "You Gotta Have A Gimmick," so I wonder what they will come up with?  Will Mia Farrow make a special appearance as.......what????????  It's anyone's guess. Though, after her appearance in the abominable remake of "The Omen," I would think twice, if I were Mia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             What WOULD be interesting, with regard to "Rosemary's Baby," would be not so much remaking it, but dramatizing the stories surrounding it--the Trench Sisters, Keith Kennedy and Pearl Ames, the story of Adrian Marcato, how son Steven met Minnie, and the whole Laura Louise-Dan thing. Did Dan die of natural causes, or......?  Even Terry's story prior to the Castevets finding her would be more interesting than rehashing a story that has been told better than it ever could be a second time.

                                                 So, help me, girls, if NBC goes ahead with this, I will personally pluck the feathers off that peacock's tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: