Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy 100Years, Booth Theatre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      The Booth Theatre, where Cherry, Celia and Company are currently wowing audiences nightly, in the much lauded revival of "The Glass Menagerie," turns 100 years old, this evening, and I hope the company--crew members, techies, ushers, everyone--do something special in honor of the occasion, either before the performance, or after.

                                        I had no idea this theater was reaching the century mark.  I thought it had long before this.  In fact, I thought most of the classic theaters--like the Shubert, Imperial, or Winter Garden, say, were well past the century mark.

                                         You learn something new, every day, darlings!!!!!!!!!  So I want to wish the Booth a Happy Birthday, and a wish for 100 years more. I still remember the first show I saw in it. It was the Goodspeed Opera revival of the Jerome Kern musical, "Very Good Eddie."  Since the show opened there in December of 1975, my guess is I saw it sometime in 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          When I was just a youth, darlings!  Before I was using moisturizer!  Now, THAT was a long time ago!  Anyway, happy birthday, Booth.  May you continue to house hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                             
                                                 And that they continue to get produced, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: