Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy "Goldfinch" Day, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                          Though some may very well--and rightly so--call it "Donna Tartt" day.  Today, her third novel, "The Goldfinch," hits the stands, and this could very well be the literary event and day of this year.  Donna's may very well be the Book Of The Year, though, from the vantage point, of yours truly, the jury is still out on that one.  You see, darlings, I am about three quarters of the way through the new Marisha Pessl novel, "Night Film," and, boy, will I have plenty to say about that.  At this point, I can tell you, with complete certainty, that if Donna had not published this year, "Night Film" might very well have made my choice as Book Of The Year.  It still might, but I cannot let you know for sure, till after I have finished reading it, and then "The Goldfinch."

                                            So, the plan today, girls, is after work, Monsieur and I will meet, go to Three Lives, where a copy is being held for me.  I will purchase it, make a speech, be photographed, and then go on my merry way.  I understand a copy is being held for activist Larry Kramer; he better not try and take mine, or otherwise, darlings, you will see the greatest cat fight between two bitches, since Anne Bancroft and Shirley MacLaine went at each other on the rooftop, at the climax of "The Turning Point," back in 1977!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Indeed, after all the drama in my life, of late, I am happy to just quietly come and go.  Donna may not be at Three Lives tonight, but I sure will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             Hope to see all my girls there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           



No comments: