Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Darlings, I Have Just Got To Get On This Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   
                                     How is it, possible, girls, that this show is going into its third season, and I only just recently heard about it?  What planet have I been living on?  Maybe I am too busy steering away from botox, which I swear I will never resort to--that or a hair color!  But, in any case, do you know that the likes of Audra McDonald, Malcom Gets and Joanna Gleason have been slated for the third season of "Submissions Only??????????"  With a group like that, what chance do I have?  Nevertheless, I am the Raving Queen, and I simply would adore working with the fabulous Andrew Keenan-Bolger, (he of the Celia and Maggie KB's, as well!!!!!!!!)  plus I think the idea I have will reach Andrew's organic sense of humor!

                                    I play myself--using bits and pieces of myself--the Seasoned New Yorker, who has lived here almost 30 years!  At least, it will be, on December 1!!!!!!!!  And that is just two months away!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Since the show sheds comic light on the audition process--which I have had experience with, darlings; more the audition process than being cast!!!!!!!!  But, hell, I am in great company, I am sure!

                                       So, I show up for the audition, doing something that is pure ME!!!!!!!!!!

                                       I walk in, dressed like the character Sheila Bryant (the Kelly Bishop role!!!!!) of
"A Chorus Line."  Exactly what one would expect, from me!  I do Shelia's monologue for the casting director, but, instead of Sheila's info, I use mine--my real birth date, my real hometown, but still maintaining I will be 30--soon!  When I am asked what I am going to sing, I say "What else.?," and do, you guessed it,
"At The Ballet!!!!!!!!!"  Of course, I do Sheila's part, though my voice is better suited to Bebe and Maggie's!!!!!!!!  But I think this would be a hoot, darlings!!!!!!!!! Like a camp Susan Boyle!!!!!!!!  Only, I hope it will not insult Kelly Bishop, whom I adore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Or, I could just come on, as the Raving Queen!  It's character enough, just being
that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          How about it, Kate and Andrew???????  I am still holding out for those 15 minutes, promised me by Andy Warhol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           And actually, darlings, my PROFESSIONAL age is 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: