Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I Plan On Trying My Hand At Becoming A Classical Scholar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             I think my bear friend is right, to a point.  One of my biggest regrets was not continuing my foreign language studies, but, as stimulated by all the Latin references in Carol Goodman's novel, "The Lake Of Dead Languages," I have followed her lead.  I am currently reading Robert Fagles' translation of "The Aeneid," by Virgil, and I picked up a copy of "Wheelock's Latin," and the workbook. I am first going to try and teach myself--which might be a mistake, but I want to see how far I get.  Should this not work, I will advertise for a tutor in my neighborhood, or go to the neighborhood churches, and see if there are any clerics or parishioners, who might be interested in tutoring me.

                               At this time, when I am going through some stuff, I need something that completely absorbs my concentration.  "The Aeneid" is doing the trick.

                                 So, don't look so sad, bear.  Hopefully, your frown will turn into a smile, and then I will be a classical scholar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    And I can always study Greek, with Cujo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: