Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Let's Focus On Fun Now, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             With the colonoscopy more or less behind me for another five years, I can focus on plans for Summer Reading. Right now, I am coming down the home stretch on "The Murderer's Daughters," by Randy Susan Meyers.  After that, the reading is going to accelerate to seriousness, beginning with Matthew Pearl's latest, "The Last Bookaneer."  But here is the rest of what I hope to get through this summer,

1 ."Eligible," by Curtis Sittenfeld--The supposed modern retelling of "Pride And Prejudice," which will only lead me to re-read--

2. The classic "Pride And Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

3. "Gojiro", by Mark Jacobson.

4. "The Girls," by Emma Cline.

5. "Modern Lovers," by Emma Straub.

6. "Dear Mr. You," by Mary-Louise Parker.

7. "City On Fire," by Garth Risk Hallberg--I have had my eye on this one, and all of these, for awhile.


        Only the Summer will see which ones I actually get through, and which may unexpectedly pop up here, in between.

          So, plan your Summer Reading accordingly, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: