Followers

Monday, October 9, 2017

A Visit With My Niece Turned A "Now, Voyager" Saturday Into An "Easter Parade" Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           My esteemed niece, children and YA author Jennifer L. Holm, winner of three Newberry Honor Awards, was in town this week, for Comic Con, at the Javitz Center.  Yesterday afternoon, at the brand new (three weeks)  Books Of Wonder Store, at 217 84th Street, she was there to do a book signing.  My friend, Audrey, came with her daughter, Ruby, but, unfortunately, with all the trains screwed up over the weekend, which seems the norm now, what should have been an hour trip for David and I took two, we missed them.  Sorry, Audrey!

                           Nevertheless, we got a charming autographed edition of the book, "Swing It, Sunny," which seems to have some autobiographical components.

                             Afterward, we retreated to a restaurant on Amsterdam Avenue, next to Barney Greenglass, with Jenni, this lovely couple and their two delightful daughters, and kicked back.  I had this sweet wine that was so delicious, David gave me his to finish.  With the Cape Cod I downed on "Now, Voyager" Saturday, it is a wonder I am not in alcoholic withdrawal today.  But I am  not.

                             Nevertheless, the day and visit brightened my spirits.  It could not have been more perfectly timed.

                             Keep writing, Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: