Followers

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Why Does It Seem There Are More Homeless Female CelebritiesThan Male??????????????????


                             Anyone out there who has read my May 11 post on the Cold Case episode "A Dollar, A Dream," (that's the one with a baby-faced Jennifer Lawrence) or has heard me refer on here to the character of Fantine, from  "Les Miserables," knows on here homelessness is an issue with me. Not only because I care about those who are, but, as far back as I can recall, long before I ever knew who Fantine was, I feared the same for myself.

                               I watched "A Dollar, A Dream" again, recently, and it still broke my heart.  It got me thinking.  I read an article stating Erin Moran, aka Joanie on "Happy Days," is now on the streets.
And Shelley Duvall.  And Susan Richardson, from "Eight Is Enough."  Though she may be now in a trailer community.  How about character actress Martine Bartlett, who rose to dramatic heights as Miss Metcalf in 1961's "Splendor In The Grass," and then as the abusive mother, in 1976's "Sybil?" She ended her life in 2006, in a seedy hotel in Tempe, Arizona, obscure and forgotten.
Even Melba Moore was homeless and on welfare, at one time.

                               Why women?  The only two males that come to mind are Danny Bonaduce, who I think now is OK, and Josh Brolin's brother, Jess, though his family denies this.  At least, this can't be blamed on BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Is it the men are too prideful to admit their situation????????  No one wants to lose any form of independence; I get that, but when help is needed, it is better to ask and receive if things can be prevented.

                                  Like my childhood friend, Doug, whose alcoholism furthered his mental illness, and, who, I am sorry to say, had he not passed when he did, might very well have been lost on the streets of Manhattan.  Like Elizabeth Swados' brother.

                                   I don't have an answer for homelessness, except more of a focus on mental health, as that is what so much of it stems from.  And that more men in this situation should speak up; it is not a gender based problem, it knows no discrimination.

                                   I feel for Margot Kidder, but how about the men in need, as well?????????????

                                 

No comments: