Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

One More Day, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      I can hear the breathlessness of anticipation, darlings!  The Friday after Thanksgiving is commonly called "Black Friday."  For those of us with a literary bent, I dub tomorrow "Black Thursday," because, finally the new Jennifer Egan hits the stores.  I am just about to begin "Chronic City," by Jonathan Lethem, so though I plan to pick my copy up tomorrow, it will be some time, before I get to it.

                                     The news media should cover all the mad literati, hanging out bookstores at midnight, to get what they feel is the first copy.  I won't be there, but I support all who are.

                                       Being it is October already, I still have not read something that automatically qualifies to me as a Book Of The Year, when it comes to Fiction!

                                        Will Jennifer's be the one?  Stay tuned to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Even if I lived in New York, I would not be in that line.
But I would Want to be, does that count?
I would WANT to want to be, anyway.

Videolaman said...

Chronic City was an interesting novel. Very much of its time, tho: I'm not quite sure how it will date in a few years, or even now. It pretty much hinges on the peak of Bloomberg's reign, so if you don't have a vivid memory of 2007 NYC it may not resonate as well. I've often wondered how anyone not from New York would get anything from it.

The Raving Queen said...


Am about a quarter of the way through.
Devoid of any wit or humor. Very cut
and dried writing. Not sure how I will
feel till I finish.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Thirty years ago, maybe I could do it.
But not now!