Followers

Monday, October 30, 2017

Elizabeth Short, And The Cecil Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        I do hope ID reruns episodes of "Horror At The Cecil Hotel."  Of course, when I visit Los Angeles, darlings, I will stay at the Chateau Marmont, but I will certainly visit the Cecil Hotel.  Elizabeth Short, according to legend, was last seen alive at the bar, before being tortured and killed elsewhere, and turned up, mutilated and dead, in that lot, on January 15, 1947.

                          It isn't too far fetched an idea that she hung out there.  She had the looks, but not the talent, and so, to get ahead, she did what many good looking small townees, who were never going to be Gene Tierney did--trafficked in prostitution.

                          Elizabeth became the most famous of them all, but not in a way even she would have wanted.  No one deserved what she got, and no one conclusively knows how.  The only things I am sure about is she was killed elsewhere, and supported by this excellent possibility posed by James Elroy in his novel, "The Black Dahlia," as she was tortured for quite awhile before being killed, it had to be done where her screams would not be heard or noticed.  In Elroy's novel, that locale, which was plausible enough, were the abandoned bungalows in the hills beneath the giant HOLLYWOOD sign.  Poetic, too.

                           The Cecil, of course, was the inspiration for the Hotel Cortez, on "AHS:  Hotel."  I wonder if drag queens go there now, hanging out at the bar, dressed as Short?  With Halloween looming, it should be a riot, there!  I still have the legs; with make-up, the right dress, and a wig, I could pull it off!

                            I bet her ghost still haunts the place. If I get there, and encounter it, I want answers to some questions--fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Even loose girls knew how to dress better, back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yikes I read a little about The Cecil; I had never heard of it!
There's your REAL American Horror Story!!!
Pictures and everything. Can't unsee that...

The Raving Queen said...


I have got to see the Cecil for
myself!