Followers

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

This "Winter Of Our Discontent" Was Not John Steinbeck's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Last night's episode, number 8, of "American Horror Story: Cult," entitled "Winter Of Our Discontent," was both fun and disappointing.  The disappointment was minor--Frances Conroy and Lena Dunham did not appear again.  Both deserve more than one spot, and, as my husband, David, said, he has a feeling, considering how last week's episode ended, that Frances may very well return.  I hope so.

                                 Billie Lourd is turning out to be so interesting, as Winter. And, yes, I still say there is an incestuous component to her relationship with Kai.  Her haunting eyes, combined with her Lolita look, make her compelling.  So much so, that, as I watched her, I wished she had been around when that awful remake of "The Omen" was being done.  She might have equaled Holly Palance's bravura turn as the suicidal nanny, or she would have made a younger, though more spot on, Mrs. Baylock.  Mia Farrow???????????  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Still, last night was very informative.  The girls are getting restless, which means some sexist showdown is coming up.  Speaking of showdown, I am SO looking forward to the one between Ally and Ivy.  Sarah has found her mojo in the role; that screaming hysteria was just a deception, and, when she pulled off the clown mask, and I saw the look on Ivy's (Allison Pill) face, I am telling you, get ready for the biggest femme showdown since Anne Bancroft and Shirley Maclaine went at each other, in "The Turning Point."  Or maybe even Joan Crawford and Mercedes McCambridge in "Johnny Guitar."

                                Actually, that second showdown is more likely to be between Kai and Beverly Hope (the always great Adina Porter).  She may have been kidnapped and hauled off to isolation, but, I am telling you, we are not through with seeing her, yet.  She, Ally, and Winter are all at the breaking point, and it is anyone's guess who will snap first, and what will happen when one does.  For sure, there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I did not like seeing Kai manipulating Oz in the preview for next week!  That could, indeed be the catalyst for all hell to break lose!  It could either reunite or tear apart Ally and Ivy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I am fascinated by the direction this show is going in.  You know that game that Kai and Winter were playing on the Internet?  I have to confess, I have done things like that!  So, what does that make me?

                                   Just a provocateur.  Because my idea of a cult is we all go to our closets, examine them, and then compare the designers in our respective wardrobes.  Harmless fun!

                                    Coco Chanel, anyone??????????????????????

No comments: